Last Updated on
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis , also known as PGD Mexico screens embryos for genetic diseases, sex-linked chromosomal abnormalities or single gene defects.
These conditions can prevent implantation of embryos, lead to pregnancy loss, or result in the birth of a child with physical disability or mental retardation.
Patients who successfully conceive with IVF Mexico treatment cycles desire the assurance of a healthy pregnancy. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis in Mexico sanctions intended parents to screen embryos to check for chromosomal disorders or inherited disease before IVF takes places.
It can screen over 50 genetic diseases, including Cystic fibrosis, Down syndrome, and Hemophilia A and B. PGD Mexico is a highly sophisticated procedure that is offered by a restricted number of facilities.
For many IVF clinics in Mexico, have seen a rise in gender selection as intended parents want the opportunity to choose the gender of their children.
Gender selection Mexico with PGD is completed during assisted reproductive treatment. Couples who elect PGD undergo an IVF Mexico/ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) cycle to create embryos. Before the embryos are transferred to the woman’s uterus, genetic analysis is performed to identify embryos that do not carry the chromosome defect. While the genetic assembly XX produces a female child, the XY arrangement encompasses a male. Your highly trained fertility specialist in Mexico transfers the embryos of the desired sex into the uterus.
HIGHLIGHT: The LIV Fertility Center is now offering CarrierMap testing from Recombine — a clinical genetic testing company devoted to helping patients and providers make informed decisions based on comprehensive and clinically actionable genetic testing results. Recombine joins experts in genetics, fertility, and computer science to leverage the extraordinary power of advanced technologies to improve reproductive medicine.
A Good Candidate for Genetic Screening
Undergoing fertility treatment can be a high mountain to climb. IVF clinics in Mexico and Puerto Vallarta give intended parents strength throughout their journey and are committed and supportive throughout the process. Communication is key.
PGD Mexico may be optional for:
- Couples who have had a previous birth of a child with a single gene defect, such as cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anemia and Huntington disease.
- Couples who have a family history of diseases, which are passed to the child through the mother. Recessive disorders include hemophilia and most neuromuscular dystrophies. Dominant disorders include Rhett syndrome and vitamin D–resistant rickets.
- Couples in which both partners are ‘carriers’ and are at risk for passing on inherited genetic disorder to their offspring.
- Women of advanced reproductive age and couples who have had recurrent pregnancy loss due to chromosomal aneuploidy.
- Intended parents who wish to select the gender of their child. The ability to determine the babies sex and notify the parents during the PGD process is legal in Mexico but illegal in many other countries.
PGD Mexico Process
Currently fluorescent in situ hybridization or FISH is the most prevalent PGD technique used in Mexico. FISH attains the number of certain chromosomes and observes their flow. PGD Mexico can determine if an embryo has two X chromosomes (a girl) or an X and Y chromosome (a boy).
Each chromosome embraces a pattern of DNA. When a fluorescent analysis is placed on a cell, the cell can then be identified. The overall accuracy is over 90%. With advanced equipment, genetic testing in Mexico has helped many couples conceive a healthy baby, free of abnormalities or any hereditary diseases.
What are the Benefits of Genetic Testing?
The following are considered benefits of PGD Mexico:
- PGD can test for more than 100 different genetic conditions.
- The procedure is performed before implantation thus allowing the couple to decide if they wish to continue with the pregnancy.
- The procedure enables couples to pursue biological children who might not have done so otherwise.
Risks and Side Effects of PGD Mexico
PGD Mexico acclaims the removal of only one cell out of the embryo for gender determination, so family balancing patients do not have to worry about more cells being removed thus reducing the chances for pregnancy. Some fertility clinics in the past consistently remove more than one cell in their embryo biopsies, for medical or genetic reasons.
Inherent in any IVF procedure are risks supplementary with the use of hormones to stimulate ovulation and the potential for an ectopic pregnancy.
Get a FREE quote for IVF with PGD (Pre Implantation Genetic Diagnosis)
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.