Last Updated on
Gender Selection Tijuana offers the unique technologies of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) Tijuana and Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS), which refers to removing one or more cells from an in vitro fertilization embryo to test for chromosomal normalcy.
Tijuana fertility specialists determine the gender of the pre-embryo(s) generated for couples who are seeking family balancing through assisted reproductive treatment.
What is Gender Selection Tijuana for Family Balancing?
Some families wish to choose the gender of their child. They may want to do so to ensure a balanced representation of the sexes, or for any other reason. Today, couples undergoing IVF can screen embryos to determine their sex and transfer only those with the desired sex into the uterus for implantation.
Gender Selection Tijuana uses Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) Tijuana, a technology that tests the chromosomal makeup of an embryo. Embryos can be screened with nearly 100% accuracy, so if you are successful in becoming pregnant, you can plan for your child’s birth with complete confidence.
What Determines a Baby’s Gender?
Chromosomally normal babies get 22 chromosomes and a sex chromosome from each parent. Women only have X sex chromosomes, and so each of her eggs will have 22 chromosomes and an X sex chromosome. Men carry both an X and Y sex chromosome, and each individual sperm will carry 22 chromosomes and either an X or a Y sex chromosome.
The distribution of X and Y sex chromosomes in each semen sample tends to be tilted slightly in favor of X, studies have found that 52% of sperm carry an X chromosome, while 48% carry a Y. Your baby’s gender is determined by the individual sperm that fertilizes the egg.
Benefits of Gender Selection Tijuana
Patients typically consider Gender Selection Tijuana:
- An advantage with IVF in Tijuana is that the Genetic Lab we use for these tests has an office in the same building as the clinic. So, patients can do IVF+PGD/PGS on the same cycle.
- To screen for certain genetic disorders that are linked to sex, for example hemophilia or muscular dystrophy. If one parent is a genetic carrier for sex-linked disorder, his or her male offspring are likely to suffer from the disorder while female offspring are likely to be genetic carriers. Genetic carriers have a recessive trait that does not result in any symptoms of the disease. Genetic carriers live normal, healthy lives, but may pass on their recessive genetic disorder to their own children.
- To balance their family with a child of the opposite sex.
IVF with PGD Tijuana
IVF Tijuana combined with PGD Tijuana has several advantages over conventional sperm sorting techniques. First and foremost, IVF with PGD has a greater than 99% likelihood of correctly identifying the sex of each embryo tested.
Additionally, PGD also determines which embryos are genetically abnormal. These abnormalities can prevent normal embryonic development or have a serious impact on the health of your baby.
IVF with PGS Tijuana
PGS screens the embryo for normal chromosome number.
- If extra chromosomes are present, this is detected by PGS.
- PGS does not test for a specific disease such as cystic fibrosis. That process is referred to as PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis)
Get a FREE quote for Gender Selection IVF
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.
“I wanted to let you know and everyone at the clinic that I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on September 1st. We named him Elijah George, but we call him Eli. After so many years of trying to have a baby he finally arrived. Please tell everyone how incredibly grateful we are and how it would not have happened without the outstanding care of Dra. Orendain and everyone else at the clinic. I’m still in awe that he’s actually here.”